Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

The HfP chat thread – Tuesday 16th February

Comments (15)

• Peggerz says:

Good morning everyone.
    I saw Rob’s comment yesterday about not expecting hotels to reopen to visitors by 4th April. I have an IHG Amb 40k points voucher for joining Amb and staying in December. This has at present to be used by 30/4/2021.
    Are IHG likely to hang on until late April to see the ‘lie of the land’? Or have they dealt with extending vouchers sooner than this before?
    I was hoping to get a long weekend at the IC O2 sorted out in Spring/Early Summer.

• Andrew says:

New Amex offer for Lego has pooped up – spend £129, get £20. Maybe time to start that investment in Lego to sell in a few years!

• Luckyjim says:

I should have checked before flushing.

• KBuffett says:

The first rule flushing, never flush before checking offers on all 7 AmEx cards.

• Craig says:

I received the Lego Bugatti Chiron for Christmas, there was a part missing, it took Lego 5 weeks to supply it! Sat here finishing it as I type.

• JamesH says:

Recommend it? I’ve been thinking about getting some to pass a few hours of Australian hotel quarantine in a few weeks. That and an exercise bike. Maybe a Lego exercise bike.

• Chris says:

Thanks for this. If you are looking ba shopping portal has 10 avios per pound at the moment too. There is a new porsche 911 model out toady

• PaulC says:

My exact thought Chris.

• Scott says:

It was only 7 per £ when I bought something a few days ago 😉

Anyway, cancelled a back order I had with Amazon as the set I wanted was the same price at Lego, and a few hundred bonus Avios aren’t to be sniffed at 🙂

The Porsche doesn’t really appeal to me to be honest.
          Not a car fan anyway.

• R P says:

Are there any HfP style websites for Ireland? I know it’s a much smaller market so unlikely…

• Ant says:

Hi does anyone know if Comair flights have the same “travel with confidence” conditions as BA flights when booked on Ba website?

• Michael C says:

So 6 days till Announcement…if our son’s school DOESN’T go back, we’re on the first flight to the Isle of Man, quarantine and all!

• xcalx says:

Where can I find the Virgin credit card spend voucher. I know I have one but can’t locate it. Thanks

• JamesH says:

Hello, I’m after some advice regarding moving abroad please. I’m moving to Australia on March 12th from the UK, and not sure what to do with regards to banking and credit cards? Has anyone set up an Amex and bank before such a move? I have BA premium here and decent credit limit. Plus companion voucher and 150k ish avois left. Cheers!

• JamesH says:

Plus I need to set up in advance so I can have a Deliveroo account ready for our 2 weeks hotel quarantine lol. (Only partly joking)